diskMETA-Lite is a free version of diskMETA desktop search software. This version has all features of the commercial versions but some of them are limited:
- unlimited number of indexes can be created
- supports only the three document formats .txt., .doc., .html ( .rtf, .xls, .pdf support is available with the commoercial versions)
- option to add a custom filename extension
- the license allows to use this program for non-commercial purposes only:
for eductaional purposes in educational establishments
for personal use on a home PC
for trial and evaluation use in an office computer.
PLEASE NOTE: If the product is used for trial and evaluation use in an office computer, the free trial period is limited to 10 days since the installation date.
1. Intelligent search
2. Fast retrieval search
3. Simple and comfortable interface
4. Quotation of text fragments with query words highlighted
5. Search within documents of the .doc, .txt, .html formats
6. Option to make a complex query with the help of Boolean and proximity operators
7. Automatic launch of applications necessary for document viewing and editing
» version 1.0 - posted on 2004-05-01
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
READ CAREFULLY: This is a legal agreement ("Agreement") between you ("Licensee" ) and META Inc. ( "META"). Upon installing, copying or otherwise using diskMETA-Lite ("Software") Licensee accepts to be bound to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If Licensee does not accept the terms and conditions found in the Agreement, Licensee has to uninstall and to not use this Software.
GRANT OF RIGHTS: META grants Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and display the Software for FREE for non-commercial purposes only:
- for eductaional purposes in educational establishments
- for personal use on a home PC
- for trial and evaluation use in an office computer.
If the product is used for trial and evaluation use in an office computer, the free trial period is limited to 10 days since the installation date. Information about obtaining the license for a commercial version of diskMETA can be found on the site www.diskmeta.com.
RESTRICTIONS: Licensee may not copy, modify, adapt, translate, rent, lease, loan, encumber, resell, distribute, sub-license, time-share, transfer or create derivative works based upon or similar to the Software.
Licensee may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human perceivable form.
TERMINATION: The license granted under this Agreement is effective from the date of the Software installation and continues for the whole period of the Software usage, provided however, that META may immediately terminate this Agreement, if Licensee has used the Software otherwise than in accordance with this Agreement.
If the license is revoked, Licensee must immediately uninstall and destroy all copies of the revoked Software.
LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY AND LIABILITY: This Software is provided "as-is" without any warranty, either implied or expressed. META does not and cannot warrant the performance or results Licensee may obtain by using the Software.
In no event shall META be held liable for any data loss, profits loss, opportunities loss, misconfiguration or any other incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the Software.